Saturday, September 02, 2006

Happy September

Ahh, the month of Fall. The doorway to the holidays slowly creeks open. The colors of the world change (except in the South, here you breathe a little easier), and pretty sparkly things start lining the store shelves. Yes I've seen Christmas come out of hiding already.

This year I'm looking forward to the beauty of the holidays in my adorable apartment. I've already brought out the little glass tea light holders in the shape of a little bag with a carved face on them. Terry gave me a couple of light up pumpkins, and I'm sure somewhere I have autumn leaves tucked away.

Tomorrow I give my first brunch party for 4 dear friends of mine: Zak, Arnaud, Phil, and Emory. I am very blessed to have them in my life and so want to have a perfect party for them. Frankly I'm nervous. I know I don't need to be, but it's there. I've confidence in the main course, salad and dessert, wines and music. I don't normally 'set' a table, haven't in YEARS. Maybe it's time to start. I've always wanted to entertain and now that I have the great apartment and nice furniture (thank you for your help in that MJ), I can start.

1 comment:

linnea said...

Hi,
I stumbled across your blog, and you write wonderfully!

Have a good day!