Thursday, August 14, 2008

Picking up...pieces

I'm still surprised when some people come up to me and ask "So, where's Mike? Haven't seen him." They question my answer: "gone" and look at me for answers only he can tell. Shock and denial are the first reaction, that was mine too. Eventually 'this too shall pass', as will the anger, betrayal, and hurt. Went to dinner at the BA bar last night with Sharon and smiled with reminiscence as I remembered the winter time I worked at the front desk and the good memories we did share. More will come and go I know and I'll love them the way I did then; just with a wisp of sentiment.

It's nice to be able to smile again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nan.
this is the first time, I heard about it, I had to read about it. I don't know what to say, but, IM sorry. What A SCUM BAG! I hope I never run into him.
But,like you always say and I keep it fresh in my mind THIS TOO SHALL PASS, my other new phrase is and it truely does work. I have actually seen it happen. WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND, AND IT WILL HAUNT HIM.
you will start having good times again, and each day get's better. I know it is hard I too hope to have someone some day but, I look at it as God knows, more then we do, and he knows what is in store. IM here for you if you need me. You Got my number!