Sunday, August 17, 2008

Being there

The phone started ringing Saturday morning; even though I slept in till 8. Wow, but then again I was up till 2, much like I am tonight. Had an absolutely georgous storm here last night. (There was a tornado warning in a little town called Park). Went to Sarah's and had dinner, listened to music and had a good time with those that came over.

My dear friend Glen came over and asked me if I wanted to go to Flag with him. I really didn't expect to leave the canyon for a while, so I jumped at the chance since the planned get away went away... Did some shopping and then went to see a movie. It's the first movie theatre I've been in since I left Florida (I don't count the IMAX since it's a film of the canyon and there's no choice). He pacified me by taking me to see Mama Mia. We laughed so hard. To me it felt like watching MJ, Terry and I together; hey we do tend to get people dancing when we're together. It certainly gave me a TOTALLY new appreciation of Abba. We both want to see it again, but it is a long drive back to the canyon.

It rained the whole day; making it rather chilly tonight; but I'm ever so thankful for the friends I have both in Florida and here. They are a tremendous support system; hugging me when I tear up, cursing with me when I get angry, encouraging me...and being there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See I told you, you would like Mama Mia, didn't Meryl Streep knock your socks off with her voice? The daughter they picked looked like her.
See, you never know IM so glad you went, IM glad you had a good time, you deserve, too. Who knows what lies ahead for all of us, but we just really support each other that is what friends are all about. IM anxious to see Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants 2

Lisa J. Michaels said...

Hey Terry, me too, me too! Looks like I will be going to see it alone though, Caseem says it's too "chick-flick" for him, and all my friends have moved away!

LOVED "Mama Mia" as well. There was a row of gay guys in front of me in the theatre having a blast, laughing, cheering, and singing right along with me! They made it so-o-o fun, I was falling out of my seat! You can always count on the gays to throw a great party, they know how to have fun!

Glad you got to see it too Nance, you needed some fun girlfriend. Keep it up..grab it every chance you get, and soon your misery will be only a distant memory.

Anonymous said...

IM so glad your there for her Lisa, see, through blogs we even make friends. Will let you know how the Sister Hood is, I have a few friends who are gay and they crack me up.
Were here for you Nan