Monday, January 07, 2008

Frosting

Today I woke up with about 10 inches of snow on the ground. I stood outside to listen to the silence. The only sound I heard was my breath, the sparkle of the newly falling and fallen snow glittered in the light. By lunch the sun had come out and the boughs weighed heavy with the snow. By the time I got done with work, I made my way slowly up to the rim. I couldn't help but smile and say "wow" over and over as the canyon was layered in snow with each step I took. The juxposition of the snow against the desert quality of the many buttes and peaks took my breath away; words again cannot do it justice. Though my back pack may weigh a lot, it's so worth it for the pictures I took. Which will probably get posted this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see them, you make me miss home.