Saturday, April 05, 2008

Patterns

I was talking with a friend yesterday about patterns that reoccur in our lives. Most times we only observe the negative ones expressing 'not again!'. This person's experience has taught that those patterns reoccur as I have not succeeded in learning the lesson. I have found that when I step back, look at the big picture, and ask myself 'what is my lesson in this?' I am faced with the truth. Sometimes it hurts to see how I've manifested, through action and words this part of my own environment; othertimes it shows me a part of the past that is needed to move on. This affects those in my environment from those close to me and those that I have become acquainted with. I know I can only change what is in me personally, not anyone else.
With that knowledge I have access to the tools to change my environment one step at a time. That is where I tend to find myself in what I like to think of as a 'new room' in my home. It's free of clutter and open for opportunities for me to 'fill' it with my memories, actions and words. This continues throughout my life constantly, though I've found it's become a habit most of the time. Accepting the lesson can be hard but cleansing, and there are times I've had to tell myself 'there is something so much better on the otherside', because once the task is completed there is something better on the otherside of it and I am part of that something better and it's the beginning of something new.

No comments: