Friday, April 11, 2008

Getting away

Though my shoulder is tweaking a bit due to the deep tissue massage the physical therapist gave me yesterday, it's not keeping me down. Just a few more things to pack and we're on our way to Phoenix for the weekend.

I admit I'm just a little nervous meeing Mike's father and girlfriend, but the calling of exploration of a new place is more important. I hear the cactus is in bloom. Though my introduction of Phoenix wasn't great one can't judge a city by just the airport and bus station. And for the record I am looking forward to getting into the 85 degree weather. Write that down, it's a first. We both wonder if we'll want to come back, but I don't think that'll be a problem since we want to drive through Sedona on the way back. That's the place I probably won't want to leave, but this will be a good way to get our feet wet so to say.

It's the first time we'll be driving ourselves (getting a rental in Flag), since the accident. I know that's been a tickle in the back of my mind; getting back on the horse per se, but we'll do it and be better for it. So more will be written after the weekend, in the meanwhile, I'll take notes.

2 comments:

MJ said...

Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway! John Wayne

Anonymous said...

safe trip and happy landing. I will be on my way to St.Augustine till Wednesday but driving right after work.