Sunday, May 27, 2007

Connecting the dots

"Firstlight" by Sue Monk Kidd is a vignette of contemplative memories with resounding spirituality. It brought tears to my eyes from the beginning as I read her truth's revealed, reminders of reasons and connecting the dots in humanity.

One of the meanings in the dictionary of the word 'Story' is a statement regarding the facts pertinent to a situation or question. It is through those we connect the dots with questions asked from our souls by seeing a part of self within the words shared by another; or share our words for others to see a part of themselves.

"When a suffering is shared, its weight is divided. And when a joy is shared, the delight is multiplied."

I leafed through a couple of pages in my journal book, and some of the entries of this blog. Snippets of profound entangled with the mundane with answers sometimes found along the way.

I still write on "The Vortex" (see October 06), a story inspired from the book titled "From the Dust Returned" by Ray Bradbury, but only write on it now and again. My mind has been consumed by another 'story' I'm writing. My 'myth'? It covers both the wishful thinking, and the realities of taking my 'cinder blocks' I have built around myself. The cinder blocks are made with tears, pain, anger and overall hurt; impenetrable to keep out the pain but also the blessings that accompany. The sweet with the bitter; the best chocolate; bittersweet. All in all it's still a story, like a legend, based losely on truths surrounded by make believe in order for the lessons to be received. Through the dots of connections I'm creating a 'safety net' for self to open more freely, but still keep my self intact.

No comments: