Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Walk Continues...

Met Patrick and Sarah at Phantom Ranch and stayed a couple of nights. The first night all of us fell into our beds early and the next morning Patrick and I walked, or should say hobbled, along the river trail. It was exquisite there, peacefull.


The cabins are so quaint,very bungalow. Mary Jane Colter designed these in 1932, oh how I would love to get a hold of a journal of hers.


Isn't this stunning?


Immediately I think "I'd love to see this in the spring/summer or fall" and then I remember that it's 30 degrees warmer here then at the rim. We hit a high of 75 this day - in February.


I think this is one of my favorite photos of myself.


When I see the black bridge I recall the song "Long Black Train" as this is where the final leg of the walk begins....tomorrow.

No comments: